Saturday 19 April 2014

ABC Challenge: B

I started this ABC challenge series on my instagram and really enjoyed it so I thought I'd blog about it too! Check out the rest of my ABC posts here.

Barry M Blue Grape
B is for Blue Grape by Barry M. Blue grape is part of the Gelly Nail Effects line, which consist of 21 colours. This line has a hi shine super glossy gel effect, without the need for UV lights. The nail polishes are slightly thicker than their normal nail polish line, which makes them more opaque too. This colour seems to be a little bit of a different formula, but still super glossy.

Blue Grape is a bright royal blue. It applies a little sheer, I applied two coats are you still see my nail line. Usually I'm not a fan of that, but the colour itself is so beautiful that I forgive it. The formula is incredibly easy: it easily glides over my nail and is more of a jelly formula than the others from the gelly line.

Barry M Blue Grape, Models Own Blueberry, Essie Navigate Her

I decided to create a floral manicure using Blue Grape as well as Models Own Blueberry Muffin and Essie's Navigate Her. Blueberry Muffin is the most beautiful baby blue I've ever used. I find it's quite a thick formula, but it's super opaque and I only need two coats. I also love it because it smells of sweet blueberry muffins. I used a dotting tool and created some large dots on my nails using Blue Grape. I then used a small dotting tool and Blueberry Muffin to add some detail to the roses. Finally I used Navigate Her to add some leaves. I always use the same green to create leaves for floral nails. I think navigate her is the perfect muted green nail polish that won't over power the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment