Sunday 13 April 2014

Furless Cosmetics Nail Polish Review

A little while ago I received some beautiful nail polishes from the Australian brand Furless Cosmetics. Furless is a cruelty free and vegan make up brand and their nail polishes are long wearing, fade resistant and is free from toluene, formaldehyde, carmine, and dibutyl phthalate. It's a fantastic brand and I was very excited to review for them.

Furless Cosmetics Nail Polish
The four nail polishes I received are Clouded and Blah from the Discrete Collection and Baby Cakes and Attention Seeker from the Fun Times Collection.

First of all, let's have a look at how beautiful and unique the bottles are. They're amazing! I think they look very expensive and high end, even though the nail polish only retails for $12! Very clever packaging.

Furless Cosmetics Baby Cakes









Baby Cakes is this bright sky blue and part of the Fun Times Collection.  It's such a vibrant nail polish that's perfect for bright sunny days. It looks like such a fun colour and this is my perfect shade of blue. I used two coats for the swatch and the formula is very easy to work with, it just glides onto my nail.

Furless Cosmetics Attention Seeker












Attention seeker is the second polish part of the Fun Times Collection. The whole collection consists of 5 colours: a blue, purple, pink, green and red. This is a pink toned purple, leaning more magenta. In the photos they look more pink than in real life. It's another incredibly bright in your face colour. I used 2 coats for this swatch, and although you can see my nail line in the photo, I couldn't see it in real life. The formula, again, was amazing.

Furless Cosmetics Blah
The first one from the Discrete collection is Blah.  I love the discrete collection. Nude or "Discrete" shades are my favourite to wear all year round. Although I love my brights, I'm more likely to grab a subtle shade. I think Blah is the perfect name for this polish, it is a bit blah! I feel like it's an ugly pretty colour. It's a very pale green khaki type of colour. A year ago I would have hated these types of shades, but I can't get enough of it!

Again, I used 2 coats of this polish, it's a little bit more opaque than Baby Cakes and Attention Seeker. It's very unique in my collection but it reminds me of OPI's Stranger Tides, which I don't own.

Furless Cosmetics Clouded



Finally is my favourite: Clouded. I think I have fallen in love! I don't own many greys and I have no idea why not! This is beautiful! When I wore it I couldn't stop looking at my nails. Who knew a grey could do that?!

I used three coats for the swatch, but with careful application you could get away with two. The formula was just as great as the other.











I love the colours I was sent, they're so gorgeous!! And look at the bottles. It's such a unique bottle, it'll stand out in any collection. The nail polishes retail for only $12, which is very cheap here in Australia. And the quality you get is fantastic. I definitely recommend this brand, not only because of the great nail polishes, but also because they're cruelty free and Australian made.







No comments:

Post a Comment