Wednesday 16 April 2014

Nail Polish Tag

I found this tag on YouTube and I thought it would be perfect for my blog. The tag consist of 10 questions, but I added two extras.
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat


1. What's your favorite top coat?
My favourite top coat, like many others, is Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. I've tried many different ones but I find that Seche Vite is the only one that doesn't drag my nail art. Another top coat I quite like is Essie's Good To Go. It's great on straight nail polish, but definitely not for nail art.
Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener


2. What's your favorite treatment?
My nails are naturally very soft and break very easily so it's essential for me to use treatments, especially when I work. I started using OPI nail envy, but it didn't really do anything until I mixed it with Essie's Grow Stronger. That was a great combo, but recently I picked up Sally Hansens Miracle Nail Thickener. That stuff is amazing! My nails got so strong that I actually had a really hard time clipping them. The only thing I don't like about it is the formula... It's very stringy. Maybe I just have a bad bottle.



Revlon multi care base & top coat 

Extra: What's your favourite Base Coat?
Usually I just use whatever treatment I'm using as a base coat, but the sally hansen one makes my nails really yellow, which isn't a great look. I've been using Revlons multi care base & top coat as a base coat. It isn't really great as a top coat. For some reason it never dried on me, so I just use it as a base. It's a great formula, really watery so as a colour it would be very difficult, but as a clear coat it makes it super easy to apply the polish.
Avon lavender cuticle oil


Extra: What's your favourite cuticle oil?
My favourite cuticle oil is from Avon. It smells like lavender so really lovely and it soaks into my cuticles really quickly. I noticed a huge difference when I started using this.


3. Glitter or matte polish?
Glitter! If I answered this last year I would have said matte. Even if you asked me this last week I would have said matte, but recently I have started to fall in love with chunky glitter nail polishes. I love OPI's Pirouette My Whistle, it's such an elegant subtle glitter. I also love the black and white glitters and think they look great over anything. I especially love Ulta3's Stop the Press because it's got tiny black and white hex glitter and some larger black and white hex glitter. I also own one by 17 (UK Brand) but I'm not a fan of the bar glitter that one includes. I have also been loving matte glitter funnily enough! I own two matte glitter nail polishes by Nail It from Sportsgirl. They're so chunky and unique. I used one coat of glitter for each of the swatches below, you can click on the photo to enlarge it!

Nail it Galaxy, Ulta3 Stop the Press, OPI Pirouette My Whistle


4. What's your current love?
I'm a little late on the bandwagon but I love Mariah Carey's Pure 18k White Gold and Silver Top Coat by OPI. So beautiful!!! For the photo below I layered one coat over OPI's Taupe-less beach.

OPI Mariah Carey Pure 18K White Gold and Silver Top Coat






5. What's your favorite brand?
My favourite brand is a tie between OPI and Kester Black, but if I had to choose I'd probably say OPI, only because I have more of their nail polishes at the moment. The photo shows some of my favourites.


6. Favorite purple, pink, red & blue polish
Purple is my favourite ever nail polish colour. I just can't stop buying them!! But at the moment I'd say I'm in love with Kester Blacks French Lavender. It's a beautiful muted dusty purple. It's a very gorgeous subtle purple. The formula is fantastic and I only needed one coat!!

Kester Black French Lavender



I don't have my favourite pink with me at the moment, so I can't show you a photo of the bottle, but it's Leighton Denny's Babydoll. It's such a beautiful pink subtle elegant pink. The photo below is probably about a year old. It's Leighton Denny's Angel Dust layered over Babydoll, Babydoll is a cream shade so no glitter and I used two coats for the swatch.  Who could not love this colour??

Leighton Denny babydoll

Red is kind of an on and off colour for me. I like them, but I feel like a red is a red and you can't really get many different ones. That being said, I do have a ton... somehow... My favourite is OPI's Red Hot Rio. It's a gorgeous bright classic red with a gorgeous formula. It's a little jelly like but still opaque in 2 coats. It feels very sophisticated and sexy on my nails. Everyone needs a red like that!


OPI Red Hot Rio


My favourite blue is Kester Black's NOW, part of the Architecture in Helsinki collection. It is the brightest blue I have ever seen. I used two coats for the swatch below. 


Kester Black NOW




7. What's your favorite winter polish?
I don't really stick to the whole nail polish trends for seasons, I just wear what I'm in the mood for. It's autumn in Australia at the moment but I'm loving pastels. That could be because my brain is still in the Nothern Hemisphere... Or because the weather has been super lovely and warm and the trees are still green. Anyway, on dark rainy/snowy cold miserable winter days I either like wearing light neutrals or very dark rich colours. The first is OPI's Taupe-less beach. It's a beautiful taupe neutral that's super easy to apply. I used two coats for the swatch below, but it hardly needed the second one!  The second one is Kester Blacks Deep Violet. It's a super dark rich pigmented deep purple. I used one coat for the swatch. It's stunning. They actually look very nice together. 


OPI Taupe-less Beach, Kester Black Deep Violet




8. What's your favorite summer polish?
Again, seasons don't really make a difference, but on hot summery days I love wearing neons, especially Ulta3's Fruit Tingle. It's a bright neon pink that's opaque in two coats, no need for a white base. Ulta3 is a very popular but pretty hard to find brand in Australia. The nail polishes are $2 or $2.50 depending where you look. They are mainly sold at chemists.

Ulta3 Fruit Tingle




9. What's your favorite spring polish?
During the spring I like wearing basically the whole new Brazil collection, but also pastels. Obviously. I have been in LOVE with Blueberry muffin by models own. It's a really light pastel blue that smells of blueberries when it dries. Amazing. I love the colour, but there is something about the scented nail polishes that I prefer wearing in the spring. I actually already ordered a whole bunch more from the scented collection for when I'm back in the UK. The second colour I chose is a mint green by Kester Black called Bubblegum. It's a super pretty and opaque colour. I applied two coats as the first was slightly streaky. That could easily be fixed with careful application though!


Models Own Blueberry Muffin, Kester Black Bubblegum




10. What's your favorite fall polish?
For fall I also really like the deep rich colours. I chose OPI's Just A Little Rösti At this. It's a beautiful deep oxblood red. It's a super easy formula and is opaque in 1 coats!  It looks very sophisticated and looks great on my pale skin.
OPI Just A Little Rosti At This

No comments:

Post a Comment