Monday 5 May 2014

Monday Randoms

I really love nail art, but a lot of nail art doesn't go to plan or for some reason or another I decide not to post it. I thought it would be fun to have a blog series showing these nails! Since I'm going to be travelling for the next month, my posting schedule is going to be a bit all over the place, so I won't make it a weekly series yet.

The first one I did actually post on Instagram, but it never made it to my blog. I do really like the nails, but I only took one photo of it, not quite enough for a whole blog post.. I created these right after I quit my job and I finally had time to do my nails again. I worked at a fast food place for 4 months and couldn't paint my nails at all, so after 4 months of no nail art, this was the first creation I'd made. Not bad!

I used Alpine Snow for the white and a black Barry M nail art pen for the aztect print. Other than that I'm not 100% sure about the rest of the colours, but it looks like the turquoise is Barry M Greenberry, the purple Kester Black Bougainvillia and the pink... I have no idea!!

I really like the idea of these nails, mixing neutrals with neons but I was too impatient while creating these. I taped up my nail to apply the pink, but I didn't put the tape in the same place on every nail. When I pulled off the tape the neutral base on my pointer finger came off. I had to restart and couldn't be bothered with the tape again so tried to do it without, which didn't really work out.... Other than those two points, I do really like the colour combo.

I used OPI Taupe-less Beach for the neutral and Ulta3's Fruit Tingle for the neon pink.

Finally these floral nails. These are all kinds of wrong. I kind of created an ombre on my pointer and pinky using OPI's Where Did Suzi's Man-Go and Live.Love.Carnival, but that didn't work out at all. The flowers look pretty awful too, and then the hand pose is just awkward....

The base of the flowers is OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around.

That's it for my first Monday Randoms! I hope you guys like the idea of these kinds of posts and I'm sure I'll have tons more to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment