Sunday 24 August 2014

Floral Nail Art Match OOTD

The summer weather has been amazing and I've been wearing some lovely floral dresses and skirts so I decided to match my nails to my outfit!

I bought the dress in the photo to the left from Camden a few years ago. Camden is such an interesting place in London, it's literally got a bit of everything!

I used OPI Alpine Snow for the base, what else?! For the base of the flowers I used Models Own Grape Juice (purple) and Leighton Denny Blue Lagoon (blue). I used Ulta3 Spring Break for the darker purple detail and Color Club Glossy Seal for the darker blue detail. I used Essie Navigate Her for the leaves.

I really like how these turned out, the colour combination is great and not something I would traditionally use for floral nails.

The second design is recreated from a skirt I bought at Primark last year. It's another pretty spring/summer floral outfit and great for nail art!

For the base I used Models Own Coconut Cream, which is an off white and smells like sweet coconuts.. yum! I used Kester Black Peach Melba and OPI Toucan Do It If You Try for the base of the flowers. I used Coconut Cream for the detail of the dark flowers and Toucan Do It If You Try for the detail of the lighter flowers. I used Kester Black Blueberry Tart for the leaves and Barry M Damson for the detail of the leaves.

I'm also really happy with how these nails turned out. It's nice to match your nails to your outfit, but both manicures have used colours I don't ordinarily use for floral designs. It's nice to try something new!



What do you think of these floral manicures?
xx Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment