Friday 19 September 2014

Pastel Gradient Lighting Bolt Nail Art

I received some nail stencils from Nail Mail, a company on Etsy selling Nail stencils in all sorts of different shapes and designs. I kind of wanted to do a bit of everything... glitter, gradient, holo, lightning bolt...

I used Inevitable by Emily de Molly as a base. This is a silver linear holographic polish that's super holographic. Of course, living in England there isn't much sun....

Once that fully dried I applied the lighting bolt nail stencils. These are super easy to use. All you need to do is stick it on your nails, cover it with nail polish and slowly pull them off. Done!

To create the gradient is a little bit more work, but still easy. Once I applied the stickers I used OPI Alpine Snow to get a white base. This way the colours would pop.

Once the white polish dried I sponged the gradient. I used (from tip to cuticle) Models Own Apple Pie, Kester Black Blueberry, Models Own Grape Juice, Strawberry Tart and Peach Melba.

As soon as I was done with the sponge-ing I slowly removed the stencil, following the shape of the lighting bolt.

Apply a top coat and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment