Wednesday 11 February 2015

The Lacquer Lab Haul & Swatches

I might have gone a little crazy in The Lacquer Lab sale...

After Christmas The Lacquer Lab was having a bit of a sale, so I bought some nail polishes. I bought the Nudes trio, the Spring Breakers collection and one nail polish from the Miami collection.

I've wanted to try this UK indie brand for quite some time, but for £9 per bottle I was a bit hesitant to try them.... so I just splurged in the sale! If I remember correctly this was all under £40 (including shipping).

I'll start with the Nude trio. This first colour is called The Wondrous, this is the whole reason for the order.. I love pinky toned nudes and this one did not disappoint.

It had such a creamy easy opaque formula. I used 2 coats for the swatch and no top coat.

The second nude is called Dita, this is a really popular nude from The Lacquer Lab and I'd seen it on instagram everywhere! Its a much more orange toned nude.

It again had a really creamy formula and I used 2 coats for the swatch no top coat.

The final nude is called Nude Maja. It's a much darker grey toned nude. I thought this would be my least favourite, but I'm actually so impressed with how it looked!

Again super easy creamy formula. 2 coats for the swatch no top coat.

The next collection I bought was the Spring Breakers collection. It's a really vibrant fun collection. This pink is called Kiss Me Quick. It's such a bright colour!

I used 2 smooth coats and no top coat.

I have seriously fallen in love with red polishes over the last couple of months. They're so beautiful and bright and always look so amazing! This colour was no different. It's called Cancun Hot and it's a super stunning red.

I used 2 coats and no top coat.

The next colour is this bright purple called Ultraviolet. I have a lot of purples, but most of them are lilacs or darks so this is a nice change. I can't wait until the summer so I can wear the crap out of this one!!

I used 2 coats no top coat.

The final colour from the Spring Breakers collection is Joy Ride. A beautiful minty green that's more green than blue. I love mints!

Again super easy creamy formula. 2 coats for the swatch no topcoat.

The last polish from my haul is Ocean Drive from the Miami collection. I definitely have a problem with pale blues... I just can't stop buying them!!

I used 2 coats and no top coat.


I am so impressed with The Lacquer Lab and I'm really happy with each and every colour. There wasn't one with a dodgy formula, everything was great! They are worth the £9 but let's be real, no one would just buy 1 right? And shipping on top.. it can get a bit much. Luckily they're no stranger to sales so I know I'll be keeping my eye on those!

What do you think of The Lacquer Lab? Have you tried any?

xx Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment