Friday 10 April 2015

China Glaze Electric Nights Swatch and Review

I purchased the Baby Beats set of the China Glaze Electric Nights collection from Nail Polish Direct. It consists of 6 mini polishes and they are ADORABLE. I also bought one of the 3 glitter toppers called Point Me To The Party.

This collection consists of 12 polishes in total. 9 of them are squishy neon crellies and there are 3 neon matte glitter toppers.





First up is Glow With The Flow. This is a super bright neon hot pink. I used 2 coats on its own, no white base. 

The first coat was quite sheer and I was worried these would all need a white base, but the second coat covered everything up beautifully. 

It dried semi glossy, so I would recommend using a top coat. 

More info and swatches after the jump!


Second up is Red-y To Rave. This was very difficult to photograph, it's more colour accurate in the bottle than it is on the nails. 

It's a bright neon coral. I used 2 coats for the swatch and no top coat. 

Again, the first coat was very jelly-like and sheer but the second coat covered everything up perfectly. 

Third up is is Daisy Know My Name, a highlighter yellow. 

This is the only colour that I had to layer over a white base. I applied coats on its own and it was still very sheer and the colour didn't pop so I decided to apply 2 coats of it over 1 coat of Barry M Cotton. 

The next colour is called Treble Maker, a grass green neon. 

I used two coats on its own. The first coat was quite jelly-like but the second coat covered everything up. 

I'm not really a fan of this shade of green and I'd never wear it on its own, however it would be perfect for nail art! 

Next is DJ Blue My Mind, a super bright blue. It's hard to create neon blues and most neon collections skip out on blues. This collection actually came out with 2 different neon blues, this is the darker of the two. 

I used 2 coats on its own, and no top coat. 

The last colour part of the Baby Beats set is Violet Vibes. There are 2 neon purples in this collection, this is the more red toned purple, whereas the other one (Plur-ple) is much more blue toned. 

I used 2 coats on its own and no top coat. 

The only full size polish I bought is the glitter Point Me To The Party. This consists of pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple neon multi sized matte hex glitters. 

I layered it over Shop Eighty4's Powder Puff. 

I the base to glitter ratio was a little off. I wasn't getting much glitter on my brush so I did have to do a bit of dabbing instead of brushing. It might work better sponging the glitter on instead. 








Will you be picking up any of the new Electric Nights collection? Or do you prefer pastel neons? 
xx Elaine 

No comments:

Post a Comment