Wednesday 22 April 2015

Free Nails Inc Nail Polish with Colgate Optic White Toothpaste

I feel like Nails Inc is ALWAYS giving away free nail polishes with EVERYTHING. This time they're with Colgate Optic White toothpastes.

This isn't anything new, last year at this time they had the same offer. It also included a red, blue and pink with the same names, but I have compared (bottle shots) and they aren't anything alike.

I fell in love with all three colours last year, and I'm not sure if this years collection quite matches up, but that blue kind of makes up for it! That being said, all three colours have an incredible formula.

More info and swatches after the jump! 




First up is the red called Optic Flame.

This is a beautiful classic red with a hint of orange.

It's opaque in just 1 coat.

The formula is a little thicker than what I'm used to from Nails Inc, but it wasn't tricky to work with.

I used 2 coats for the swatch. The 2nd coat slightly brightened the colour.

It dries super glossy.

Last year Optic Flame (left) was much more of a crelly formula. It is way way way up there in my top favourite reds. The formula is incredible. Because it's a crelly it's slightly more sheer so it needs 2-3 coats for full opacity.

It's a much more orange toned red. Sometimes it looks like a full on orange, but I'm pretty sure it's a red!

From the two, I would go for the old Optic Flame. I actually wore this to my brother's wedding!

Second up is the pink called Optic Glow.

It photographed slightly more pastel, so imagine it a little brighter.

It's almost opaque in just 1 coat. It was slightly streaky so it does need a second coat. I reckon you could get away with one thick coat.

I used 2 for the swatch.

Again it dried very glossy.

Last year Optic Glow (left) was very very sheer. It wasn't something that could be built up to be opaque.

I actually use this for clear water marbling, it's fantastic!

Last month Nails Inc was free with Marie Claire magazine and Fizz came out (right). This is much more pastel, whereas this years Optic Glow (middle) is a much more saturated pink.

Last up is Optic Wave.

This is a stunning cobalt blue.

It was opaque in just 1 coat, but a second coat brightens the colour slightly.

Although it did dry glossy, it was more of a dulled gloss so I applied a topcoat.

I wonder how similar this shade is to Baker Street from Nails Inc, it's a colour I've wanted for AGES!

I went crazy for Optic Wave last year (right), it's one of 3 nail polishes that I have a back up of! The comparison photo doesn't really do it justice so I've added last year's swatch below.

Another colour that's very very very close is Barry M Damson. I'm seriously obsessed with it, so it wasn't a surprise that I'd like this freebie!

Damson is the same shade with 1 drop of purple. Optic Wave is just slightly more blue and vibrant. But honestly you could hardly see a difference. Comparison below!



What do you think of these free Nails Inc polishes with Colgate Optic Wave toothpaste? Did you pick up the ones last year? Will you be picking any of the up? 
xx Elaine 


2 comments:

  1. The blue is lovely this year much more blue than the mint last year. Wish they'd of called them different names though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both blues! But couldn't pass up on the others haha. I agree, I wish they had different names! Have you picked any of them up? xx

      Delete