Monday 13 April 2015

Kandy Colors Grown & Sexy Collection Swatch and Review

I have the Grown & Sexy collection to show you today by Kandy Colors. Kandy Colors is a UK indie brand that's 5 free and cruelty free. All of their nail polishes are quick drying and are usually opaque in 1-2 coats (depending on the finish).

The Grown & Sexy collection consists of 4 nail polishes: 2 cremes, 1 crelly and one jelly. They're all very warm sexy bold colours which I love! Especially now that the weather has been getting warmer and sunnier.

These are the mini bottles. The full size bottles are 10ml and retail between £5.20 and £5.50.

More info and swatches after the jump!



First up is Boss Chic. This is a bright burnt orange.

I only used 1 coat for the swatch and it's fully opaque! It also dried completely glossy on its own, no topcoat required!

The second colour is Classy Lady. This is STUNNING. This is a jelly polish, so it's definitely a lot more sheer, however it's opaque in 2-3 coats.

I used 3 coats on my pinky and ring finger and 2 coats on my index and middle finger. As you can see 2 coats is opaque, but 3 coats slightly deepest the colour.

It's a really beautiful strawberry shade, in-between a red and a pink. It's not too bright in your face, but not subtle either. It's the perfect in between. I'll be getting A LOT of wear out of this one!

Again, it dried completely glossy on its own, so no topcoat required.

This is the colour I was most excited to try out... This is Vixen a bright bright raspberry/watermelon red. In the bottle it looked like a neon red, is that even a thing?!

I applied 2 coats for the swatch. I would describe this as an opaque crelly polish. On one coat I could slightly see my nail line, and the colour was a very bright raspberry pink. I felt like I needed to add another coat for full opacity and BAM the colour turned into much more of a watermelon red.

It's a very versatile shade and I loved it either way.

Again, no topcoat required.

The final colour is Vivacious, a bright hot pink. It's not quite neon, but it's very very very bright. It's a gorgeous colour but definitely the most original colour. I would prefer it if it was slightly more warm toned as that suits my skin tone better.

That being said, I only needed 1 coat! It's so incredibly opaque, it instantly goes to the top of the list of best pinks!

No topcoat!









My favourites from the collection (this'll come as no surprise) are Vixen and Classy Lady. I think as a whole it looks really beautiful together. They're definitely sexy colours, especially the 2 reds. It's a fun collection!

Check out Kandy Colors on Instagram for many more swatch photos!

If you're interested in any of these colours let them know I sent you!
xx Elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment