Wednesday 13 May 2015

CM Handmade UK Swatch & Review

The UK Indie Brand CM Handmade UK has sent me a few more polishes to review. To read all about my first review click here!

This time I was sent a few different bottle sizes and shapes. Two of the four are creme polishes and the others are creamy with iridescent glitter.

I think the two glitters are literally the most difficult nail polishes to photograph in the world of nail polish. I have tried and failed, so these photos will have to do!

I'll start of with the cremes.

First up is Vanilla Bean.

Oh my goodness this one is stunning!!

It's a really nice beige nude shade that has a hint of pink.


More info and swatches after the jump! 



I used 2 coats for the swatch.

The first coat was slightly streaky, but very opaque. The second coat covered up any streaks.

The formula was a dream to work with. It was creamy and super easy to apply.

It dried with a bit of a dull gloss, so I added a topcoat, but it's definitely not necessary.

The second creme is Lucite.

It's like my dream from the previous swatches came true. There was a gorgeous green amongst that set which has an incredible formula and had large white matte hex glitter. I said I'd love it without the glitter!

This is very similar to that one, but with a hint more blue, and no glitter. It's perfection.

I used 1-2 coats for the swatch.

Some nails needed 2 coats, others only needed 1. You can easily get away with just 1 careful coat.

The formula was incredible. It's super opaque, creamy and not too thick or too thin, just right in the middle!

It dries glossy and I did not apply a top coat for the swatches.

Now onto the impossible to photograph ones...

This is Fairy Dust.

It might looks similar to Vanilla Bean, but it's definitely not.

The nude base looks slightly lighter in the bottle, but in my swatch photos it looks slightly darker.

Fairy Dust, however contains green iridescent glitter. Although it isn't visible in the photo, it's definitely there in real life. My camera just has issues picking up anything iridescent.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

The first coat was slightly sheer, but very even. It's completely opaque in 2 coats. It does dry with a gritty finish, so I applied topcoat for the swatch.





Last up is Ice-Cream Float.

This is a creamy yellow base with multicoloured iridescent glitter.

Again, a nightmare to photograph. In the photos the glitter is barely there, but in real life its very apparent and it's a very unique effect.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

It has the same formula as Fairy Dust. A little sheer on the first coat, but an even finish. The second coat covers everything up perfectly.

It dries with a gritty finish, so I did apply a topcoat.





Although I struggled photographing the last two, I am in love with Fairy Dust. It's such a unique combination and I think it'd be great to wear in the summer months and really make that green glitter pop!

Of course I love the cremes. Both have such an incredible formula and are super easy to work with. The ladies over at CM Handmade UK sent me a few full sized bottles this time, and the brush on these is very easy to use. It's slightly wider than an ordinary brush so it covers the nail easily.

Check out CM Handmade UK on Instagram and Etsy!

xx Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment