Friday 8 May 2015

Mrs Cross' Nail Shop How Romantic Collection Swatch & Review

Mrs Cross' Nail Shop is a new up and coming UK based indie brand. The nail polishes are 5 free and hand made by Leanne. Her Etsy and eBay shops sell her nail polishes as well as other nail art supplies (beautiful glitters!!).

This is the How Romantic Collection. It consists of 5 nail polishes. Each colour represents a different romantic trait. It includes 3 pearly shimmers, 1 glitter and 1 cream with subtle shimmer.

The whole set is currently available for £26.00, and individually they cost £5.90 for a 10ml bottle.






First up is Intense Romantic.

This is a stunning deep shimmery berry red. In the bottle it looked like it would have a frosty finish, but it's all shimmers so no brush strokes!

More info and swatches after the jump! 




I used 3 coats for the swatch.

It's a very sheer polish. When I applied the first coat I wasn't sure if it could be opaque on its own, but I'm very happy with the coverage at 3 coats.

The formula is very smooth. It applied so easily that I didn't need to do any clean up. That's thanks to the great brush too. It's also completely streak free, so if you like sheerer polishes this could be worn at 1, 2 or 3 coats.



Next up is Blossoming Romantic.

In the bottle this is a very pale pink shimmer, however on the nail it's almost like an off white shimmer. Again, I was worried about brush strokes, but when it dried I couldn't see the any brush strokes.

I used 3 coats for the swatch.

Again it's a very sheer polish. You can still see a slight nail line, but I didn't want to apply more than 3 coats. I thought this looked very elegant and perfect for formal occasions.

The formula was the same as Intense Romantic. It's very smooth and easy to apply. It was streak free so could be worn with fewer coats.



The last shimmer of the collection is Ethereal Romantic.

This is a light purple shimmer and as you'll see in the close up it looks like it also has blue shimmer running throughout.

I used 3 coats for the swatch.

It's very sheer like the others but builds up beautifully.

The formula is the same as the previous two. It's super easy and smooth to apply and I didn't need to do any clean up!



Next up is Blushing Romantic.

This is a super creamy salmony pink with golden shimmer. This is the shade of pink I'm always looking for because it's just so Beautiful!

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

This is a very opaque colour unlike the others, but the golden shimmer isn't lost. The shimmer definitely isn't obvious, you have to look for it, but it's so elegant and just adds that little bit extra.

The formula was very easy to work with. It has the slightest streaks on the first coat, and I'm sure with careful application there wouldn't be any streaks. But the nail line is slightly visible so that's why I added the second coat.



Last up is Gilded Romantic.

This is the only glitter of the collection. It's a golden glitter is a very sheer rosy toned base with lots of golden shimmer. This is a really beautiful neutral glitter. In some lights it's very subtle, and in other lights it's in your face beautiful golden glitter.

I used 3 coats for the swatch.

This could easily be used as a glitter topped as the base is very sheer, but it also easily builds up to full opacity in 3 coats.

The formula, again, was great! It's a little thicker than the other polishes, but not difficult to work with. The glitter easily came out so I didn't need any placement or to keep the bottle upside down.



I'm in love with this collection! Which is very appropriate given the name! I think the polishes are very sweet, subtle and elegant shades that work beautifully as a set and individually. My favourites are Blushing Romantic (the creme) because it's the perfect shade for my skin tone, Blossoming Romantic (pale pink shimmer) because it's really elegant, and Gilded Romantic (glitter) because it's such a subtle neutral glitter that can be worn to any occasions.

Will you be picking up any of Mrs Cross' Nail Shop polishes? Check out Leanne's Instagram for more details!
xx Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment