Saturday 20 June 2015

Freckles Polish Holographics Haul & Swatches

Freckles Polish is a UK indie brand who sent me a few polishes to review a couple weeks ago. I fell in love with the polishes so I bought a few more! Julieann, the creator of Freckles Polish, makes some amazing holographic polishes. I literally want them all, but unfortunately I have to pay rent :(

I bought 4 polishes. From left to right: Papa Legba, Blue Lagoon, The Seven Wonders and Birthday Suit.

Full size bottles of 10ml cost £6.50, and minis of 5ml cost £3.50.

First up is Papa Legba.

This is a stunning deep blood red linear holographic.

I didn't have any sun on the day of swatching these so this is a photo with flash. In real sunlight (macro shot coming up) it's much more holographic.

This is inspired by the TV show American Horror Story.

More info and swatches after the jump! 





I used 2 coats for the swatch.

The first coat was almost fully opaque, and you could probably get away with 1 thicker coat.

I had slight unevenness so I did need to apply a second coat. The second coat also deepens the colour quite a bit.

The application was very smooth and easy. It dries quick.

The macro below is in direct sunlight.



Next up is is Blue Lagoon.

This is the most vibrant blue linear holographic polish I've ever seen!

Again I didn't have sunlight so this is a photo with flash, but a couple days later when I wore the polish again I took a quick picture in the sun. (see below).



I used 2 coats for the swatch.

This could easily be opaque in just 1 coat. I only used 1 coat for the close-up shot below.

For the full 4 finger swatches I applied 2 coats just to see if it made any difference. It didn't.

Again very smooth easy formula.

The macro below is in direct sunlight.


Next up is The Seven Wonders.

This is a very deep dark purple linear holographic polish. This has the strongest holo out of all of them.

It's another one inspired by the TV show American Horror Story.

I'm in love with this one!! Again I didn't have direct sunlight for the 4 finger swatches, so this is taken with flash. Look at that holo!!!

I used 1 coat for the swatch.

I think a second coat would have deepened the colour, but I loved the way it looked with just 1 coat. It was completely even coverage.

Again super easy smooth formula.

The macro below is taken in direct sunlight.



Last up is Birthday Suit.

This is a nude polish with a very subtle holographic effect.

I was hoping the holo would be a little more apparent like in The Seven wonders, but it was very difficult to photograph. The close up below shows it best.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

The first coat was a little sheer, but the second coat covered everything up.

The formula, like all the others, was very easy and smooth.

The macro below is taken in direct sunlight.



I keep thinking I have a favourite, but I love the first three equally! Papa Legba (red) has a really unique effect and with the flash photo it almost looks a bit jelly. I wasn't sure about Blue Lagoon at first, but when I wore it out in the sun I fell in love! I literally fell in love with The Seven Wonders as soon as I opened the package. It has such a strong holo in a dark base. Amazing.

Check out Freckles Polish's Etsy Shop for all her polishes! 

xx Elaine

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Elaine, beautiful swatches! I'm glad you like them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Julieann, the polishes are stunning!

      Delete