Monday 13 July 2015

Sunday Swatch Day (1)

I want to start something new on my blog and Instagram where, along with my swatches and nail art, I post weekly posts. On Sundays I want to do Sunday Swatch Day and on Friday I want to do Friday Favourites! This is inspired by someone I follow on Instagram and I completely forgot the name of! When I remember I'll post it!

Anyway so for Sunday Swatch Day I want to go through my collection and swatch nail polishes that I haven't used in a while. This way I'm making use of all my polishes and none of them are just standing there unused, and it always gives people a change to look at completely different polishes!

My very first Sunday Swatch Day and I'm already late posting... I did manage to post them on Instagram yesterday, but didn't have time to write the blog post. I decided to start off with Leighton Denny.

I love the brand Leighton Denny. It's quite an expensive brand, the nail polishes are £11 for a 12ml bottle. They are available online and in some M&S stores. The majority of mine are from TKMaxx. About 2 years ago, when I started my nail polish obsession, I always found these in TKMaxx, but I haven't seen them for a long time unfortunately.

All Leighton Denny polishes I've tried have an incredible formula. They're all very smooth, easy to apply and very minimal streaking. They dry to a super glossy finish and dry quick. I have never been disappointed with any of the colours.

First up is Shipwrecked.

This is one of my first ones and I still love it! It's such a gorgeous.. I don't really know how to describe the colour!

Online it's listed as an "acid green cream polish". It's kind of that in between a pale yellow and a pale green, yet still being very bright.

This came out a couple of years ago and it's actually on sale for only £6.60 at the moment!

I used 2 coats for the swatch. It applied incredibly smooth and easy. I didn't apply top coat. The photo doesn't even do justice as to how glossy it really is!

Next up is Blue Lagoon.

I believe this was part of the same set as Shipwrecked from TKMaxx. It was 3 polishes for £14.99.

This is the most perfect blue with a hint of turquoise. I love the description on Look Fantastic.com

"Think warm sandy beaches, crystal blue water and desert islands with this Leighton Denny Nail Colour in Blue Lagoon; this seasons must have shade, teal and turquoise are fused together to create this exotic blue shade. Yummy!" 

Isn't the perfect description?!

I used 2 easy coats for the swatch, no topcoat.

The third colour I swatched is my favourite pink of all time. This actually is my most used nail polish (other than white, top and base coat). It's down to the O in Leighton!

 This is the perfect shade of pink. It's a very sweet light pink, that's bright but not in your face.

Anyway this is called Babydoll.

Here is the description from BeautyExpert.com

"Baby Doll gives an effortless dreamy summer feel with high impact results."

Another perfect description!

Again I used 2 coats for the swatch and no topcoat. I was very careful with my application, making sure not to over work the polish. I would recommend 2-3 coats.

Next up is Viva La Diva, a super vibrant gorgeous red.

As you can tell from the bottle, this is not as creamy as the others. This has much more of a crelly formula. I still used 2 coats for the swatch but if you look closely you can see my visible nail line. It's only very subtle so you can really tell and it definitely doesn't bother me, but if you want it to be fully opaque I'd recommend 3 coats.

Again the formula was incredible. No issues and it dried super super glossy.

I think this might be the only polish I actually paid full price for!

This is Get Your Côte.

"This electrifying azure blue is sublime summer skies for your nails, giving you a cutting-edge catwalk look that wont go unnoticed. This bright and breezy blue is fun, wearable and traffic stoppingly stylish."

Yes I totally agree.

This is even more gorgeous in real life than in the photo. It's a really vibrant azure blue that pops off your nails.

I used 2 coats for the swatch, although it could be fully opaque in one thicker coat.

Last is Leading Lady.

i have a couple nudes from Leighton Denny. My favourite is Honey Trap, however I've used this one fewer times than Honey Trap, so decided to add this one instead.

This is a pinky nude.

" a future classic - an elegant, sophisticated nude that combines sumptuous dusky pink with a delicately chic hint of grey."

Pinky nudes suit my skin tone so beautifully and I can't get enough of them!

Again super easy application, 2 careful coats and no topcoat.

Leighton Denny is a bit more of a higher end nail polish brand. They retail for £11 for a 12ml bottle. It's also a bit of a lesser known brand compared to OPI, Orly, Essie and China Glaze. I'm not sure why it's not talked about because the formula on each and every one of these is perfect. Leighton Denny claim to be High Performance Nail Colour and they definitely are. Swatching them makes me want to buy more! They're such a reliable brand!

No comments:

Post a Comment