Monday 10 August 2015

Polished By Leanne Wedding Day Collection Swatch & Review

Today I have a very exciting collection to show you! This is the Wedding Day collection from Polished By Leanne. Leanne has been posting b&w sneak peek previews of this collection on her instagram page for weeks now! I received 4 of the 8 polishes to review and they are stunning. They are the perfect colours to symbolise a wedding. I can't wait to see the others!

As always check out my YouTube channel for LIVE SWATCHES!

This collection is set to launch on September 10th. It's inspired by and created for Leanne's own wedding day which makes this collection even more exciting.



First up is the incredibly elegant Wedding Dress.

Wedding Dress is a satin white with a pearly finish.

Normally I'm not the biggest fan of these pearly whites, but honestly this is so graceful and sophisticated and I didn't want to take it off.

The formula is amazing. I used 3 coats for the swatch but you can easily get away with 2 slightly thicker coats.

The first coat is a little on the sheer side, but has a completely even finish. If you want to go for a sheer look, this could definitely be worn at 1 coat.

For full opacity I needed 3 coats.

As you apply the polish it looks very brush stroke-y, but as it dries the brush strokes disappear and it has a gorgeous even finish.

For more swatches keep reading after the jump! 





Next up is Satin Tie.

This has that same pearly finish, but this is much more pink toned.

This is a little more flattering on my skin tone. I'd say Wedding Dress is perfect for the bride, and this is perfect for the bridesmaids.

Again I used 3 coats for the swatch.

This was a little more sheer on the first coat, but built up beautifully.

When the polish is wet, you can see the brush strokes. As it dries they disappear and it has a very even finish.

Next up is Time To Toast.

I decided to apply this over a dark shade of OPI Eurso Euro to make the colour pop in the photos. I'd love to see this over a pale grey to add a little bit of extra colour and glitter.

This is a white multicoloured iridescent glitter in a slight milky base. Over the dark base it looks like a party!

I only used 1 coat of glitter.

This polish is packed with glitter, so you definitely don't need to add any more. You could if you wanted to, but I don't think it's something that would get opaque.

The last polish I received is called Lizzy. This is named after one of the bridesmaids. How cute?!

This is similar to the previous polish, but then it's pink multicoloured glitter in a slightly pink toned base.

I layered this over OPI Pink Friday. The colours don't pop as much over a lighter base, but if the light hits it right you can still see the multicoloured effect (shown in the closeup).

I used 1 coat of glitter.

Again this polish is packed with glitter, so you don't need to fish and apply 100 coats. It's very easy to work with.














Those are the four polishes I received as part of the Wedding Day Collection by Polished by Leanne. This is set to release on September 10th. Make sure to keep an eye out on her Instagram page for the other swatches!!

xx Elaine

Polished By Leanne Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PolishedbyLeanne

Polished By Leanne Instagram:
https://instagram.com/polishedbyleanne

No comments:

Post a Comment