Thursday 10 September 2015

Charming Tale Haul Swatch & Review

Today I have a haul to show you!  Leanne, @LeasNails on Instagram, recently launched her own indie brand called Charming Tale polish and I'm obsessed. She sent me one nail polish to review before her launch, check it out here!, and I purchased 6 minis. Leanne has created 2 collections, The Fairy Godmother collection and Fairest Of Them All collection, as well as some nail care items.

As always, I have live swatches of all of these polishes on my YouTube channel!

I'll start off with the Fairy Godmother collection!

This is Flora a slightly pink toned red.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm obsessed with reds.

Flora has the most amazing formula. It is a little bit on the thick side, which I love, but because of that it only required ONE coat.

I just used 1 coat for the swatch and no topcoat. It's perfection in a bottle.

The second polish from the collection, which is unfortunately not available anymore, is Fauna.

This is a Shrek green. It's a weird colour to describe, it's quite a yellowy chartreuse but definitely still olive green. You know?

Anyway, it's a gorgeous polish. Definitely not something I'd usually go for, but still very pretty.

I used 2 coats for the swatch and no topcoat.

The first coat was slightly streaky and not fully opaque, but the second coat covered everything up.

The third creme in this collection is Merryweather.

This is a bright medium blue.

This was another ONE coater!

The formula was the same as Flora, it was a little thicker, but super easy to work with, and was opaque in just 1 coat.

Again, I didn't use a topcoat.

The last polish in this collection is called Fairy Dust and it's a silver holographic glitter polish with some very fine silver shimmer.

I used 3 coats for the swatch.

It's a very dense glitter and it was very easy to apply. It has a very full coverage on the first coat so I wouldn't recommend using this as a topper.

The silver shimmer really helps build up the opacity and makes it different from other silver holographic glitters.



The next few polishes are from the Fairest Of Them All collection.

This first polish is Mistress Of All Evil.

This is the polish I previously reviewed on my blog so I won't go into much detail.

I used 2 coats for the swatch and no topcoat.

It's beautiful!

The newest polish to Charming Tales is The Huntsman, and this has been added in the second restock.

This is a dark blue base filled with silver shimmer.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

It was a little sheer on the first coat and there was a definite visible nail line. The second coat really deepened up the colour and covered up any VNL.



The last polish I have to show you today is Magic Mirror and this is a gold holographic glitter.

I used 2 coats for the swatch. I had a bit of a weird brush so it was picking up too much nail polish. I would recommend doing 3 thinner coats rather than 2 thick ones.

This is a gorgeous glitter and it looked very bling on the nails. Again it was very dense so I wouldn't recommend using it as a topper.







Those are all my Charming Tale polishes, I think they're all great quality and it's an amazing start for such a new indie brand.

Check out Charming Tale on Instagram for more info and swatches!






No comments:

Post a Comment