Sunday 6 September 2015

Frightfully Spectacular Autumn Swatch & Review

Today I have some swatches from the UK indie brand Frightfully Spectacular. I have reviewed a polish from this brand before, click here to check it out!

Frightfully Spectacular is a UK based indie brand created by Lolly, a fully trained nail technician and (like us all!) passionate about anything nails! Frightfully Spectacular is a little bit more of an alternative indie brand, you won't see any classic pastels, but instead Lolly creates polishes with a bit of an edge. All of her polishes are 5 free and they retail for about £5 for a full sized bottle.

I received these two gorgeous shimmery polishes for Autumn.

As always, I have LIVE SWATCHES of these polishes on my YouTube channel.

First up is Orange Blossom Lane.

This is a stunning bright orange pearlescent polish with tons of silver shimmer running throughout.

It's a perfect Autumn shade, but I think it's something that could be worn all year round. I'm normally not the biggest fan of orange nails, but this was really flattering on me.

I used 2 coats for the swatch and no topcoat.

The first coat was a little on the sheer side, but the second coat covered up my nail line. It does dry to a matte finish, so I would recommend adding a topcoat. A topcoat will also make that shimmer stand out even more.

The second polish I received is Orinoco Flow.

This has that same shimmery pearlescent finish, but it's a bright aqua. This shade is just the most gorgeous colour.

It has the same formula. It's a little sheer on the first coat, and there is still a definite visible nail line. A second coat, however, covers everything up perfectly.

When the polish is wet you can see some brush strokes, but as it dries they disappear.

Again, I didn't use topcoat for the swatch, but I would recommend adding one as it will make the shimmer pop.

Those are the 2 polishes I received from Lolly at Frightfully Spectacular. I can't wait to see the other polishes that will be released in this collection!

Check out Frightfully Spectacular's shop here! And for more info check out Lolly's Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment